Tuesday, October 30, 2012

5 Class Rules

Our 5 Class Rules!

I wanted to share these super cute Class Rules Posters.  I found these posters on Pinterest - of course!  The teacher who created these posters has a great blog with lots of other fun ideas for the classroom.  




I have implemented these Whole Brain Teaching rules and, for the first time, my students actually have fun with the rules! They LOVE reviewing the rules and doing the gestures - I know, it's crazy huh!? I introduced one rule a day and we review, model, review, model... you get the picture! By introducing one rule a day my students were so curious and excited to find out the next rule. :) 

Our rules: (each rule has their own gestures.)  
Follow directions quickly! 
Raise your hand for permission to speak 
Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
Make smart choices!
Keep your dear teacher happy! 

I love the last rule - it serves as a big umbrella for possible misbehaviors... so yes, I have a rule for everything.  

My class reviews the rules every morning. My calendar helper leads the class with the rule review. According to the WBT website - You must have the rules running around in your students’ heads for them to be effective. My students know the rules forwards and backwards.  Whenever I notice a kiddo or kiddos not following one of our rules I simply say the rule number that they are not following and the kiddos recite that rule.  It serves as a quick reminder.  

Watch this WBT video  This teacher does a great job reviewing the class rules!  She is very energetic and animated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment