Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome!

 Class? Yes!  Oh Class? Oh Yes!!

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Ashley and I am currently in my seventh year of teaching.  I taught first grade for six years and last year I made the big move to second grade.  I have created this blog for multiple reasons, one being a chance to simply share and showoff what's gong on in my classroom.  I enjoy sharing new ideas and collaborating with other educators.  It is what keeps me motived and current in my practices.  My inner nerd comes out when googling teaching related ideas... hi, my name is Ashley and I am addicted to Pinterest!    
Two years ago I stumbled upon a YouTube video on Whole brain Teaching.  I immediately was hooked, excited, and eager to implement Whole Brain Teaching in my classroom.  I love how Whole Brain Teaching creates such an energetic classroom.  Students are more attentive and engaged in the lessons.  Students are actively involved in the lessons and are having fun.  I have explored many websites, blogs, and YouTube videos about WBT and this year I went full force with the implementation of Whole Brain Teaching.  My classroom now uses many WBT strategies such as class? Yes!, hands and eyes, Teach? Ok!, scoreboard, 5 class rules, etc.  This blog will serve as a vehicle for sharing my Whole Brain Teaching experiences.  

If you are new to Whole Brain teaching, you might want to visit and explore this website... lots of great info and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment